Saturday, September 6, 2014

Panasonic's smart mirror turned me into a 1970s space princess ...



It was going to be possibly me or my masculine colleague. That’s a lie: It was positively going to be me. It was my final day during IFA, Europe’s biggest record show, and Brad Molen and we were sitting inside a frugally flashy intelligent home that Panasonic had built in a center of a demo area. Panasonic indispensable a proffer to lay in front of a prototypical intelligent mirror, that relates digital “makeup” so we can representation new looks. we exchanged a demeanour with Brad, devising his bearded cheeks with glow on them. Then we sat down and concluded to let a appurtenance tell me all that was wrong with my face.


Panasonic intelligent counterpart hands-on


Embarrassingly enough, this isn’t even a initial time I’ve tested such a product for Engadget. Back during CES, if we recall, we got hands-on with a modded Windows PC that used a Kinect sensor to request makeup and give people nose jobs. If that’s all Panasonic’s counterpart did, we would have walked away, my grace intact. But this thing is a small some-more sophisticated. With a assistance of sensors and facial approval program (the same kind as Panasonic’s cameras), it creates an enlarged, hologram-like picture of your face, and afterwards diagnoses your diseased areas — wrinkles, grin lines, blemishes, et cetera.


When it’s done, it creates tradition recommendations formed on your skin condition. In my case, a counterpart zeroed in on a dim circles underneath my eyes, imprinting a area with a array of blue lines. we was jetlagged, tired and handling on unequivocally small sleep. “Get this lady some concealer!” it might as good have said. Then it offering to sell me anti-aging products and have me download a extract recipe. Well played, machine. Well played.



From there, we can do all sorts of things to your eyebrows, lips, cheeks and eyebrows, usually as you’d expect. For a functions of this demo, a presenter was regulating a remote, though it’s also able of voice commands, including “Mirror off.” In addition, a counterpart could in speculation sync with your calendar, and suggest whole looks for opposite occasions. A initial date after work? Meeting with clients? Spending a day during a trade show? (J/k: The answer there is “no makeup.”) Of course, we contend “in theory” for a reason: Not usually is this a prototype, though it isn’t indispensably unfailing for your home, either. Instead, a Panasonic repute told me, a counterpart is unequivocally dictated for places like salons and dialect stores. Which is usually as well: Only a veteran could tell me when a space-alien demeanour is called for.


Brad Molen contributed to this report.


Tags: beauty, cosmetics, hands-on, ifa, ifa 2014, ifa2014, makeup, mirror, mirrors, panasonic, smart mirror, smartmirror




Source:


http://ift.tt/1pYVCjY






The Late News from http://ift.tt/1j1u6hM